If you’re looking for the perfect mower, you’ve come to the right place.
Here I will introduce you to the top 10 zero-turn mowers for 5 acres of land.
A zero-turn mower is a rotating lawnmower capable of moving in a tight radius without turning or oscillating.
This type of mower is designed for large yards and other areas where it’s challenging to maneuver a push mower, such as hills.
The 10 best zero-turn lawnmowers are listed below.
- 1 1. Troy-Bilt 382cc Riding Lawn Mower
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 2. Swisher FC10544BS 10.5 HP 44-Inch Finish Cut Trail Mower
- 5 Pros
- 6 Cons
- 7 3. Snapper 2911525BVE Classic Riding Mower
- 8 Pros
- 9 Cons
- 10 4. Ariens 915213 Zero Turn Mower
- 11 Pros
- 12 Cons
- 13 5. Husqvarna Z242F Zero Turn Riding Mower
- 14 Pros
- 15 Cons
- 16 6. Troy-Bilt Super Mustang XP Riding Lawn Mower
- 17 Pros
- 18 Cons
- 19 7. Farmer Helper 4 Foot Finish Mower
- 20 Pros
- 21 Cons
- 22 8. Poulan Pro PX46Z Z-Turn Mower
- 23 Pros
- 24 Cons
- 25 9. Snapper 2691317 360z Riding, Zero Turn
- 26 Pros
- 27 Cons
- 28 10. Ariens 915223 IKON-X Zero Turn Mower
- 29 Pros
- 30 Cons
1. Troy-Bilt 382cc Riding Lawn Mower
The Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower is an excellent option for those looking for a zero-turn mower with the latest technology.
This mower has it all: an engine, levers, and wheels that make it easy to use and maneuver in tight spaces. This Riding Lawn Mower can easily cut up to 5 acres of land.
It has a high-quality Briggs and Stratton engine. This engine delivers 190cc of power and will help you get through any tough terrain.
You will be able to cut your lawn faster than ever before with this machine. Another thing that makes this machine stand out is its comfortable seat, which gives you more control over the height of the blade when cutting grass. It also features an anti-scalp rollover protection system for added safety.
This machine is pretty priced, coming in at $1,599, so it won’t put too much of a dent in your wallet either. For these reasons, we rank the Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood, Riding Lawn Mower as our top choice.
- The Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower has an engine and wheels that make it easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- This mower has a Briggs and Stratton 190cc engine.
- This mower cuts up to 5 acres of land.
- The Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower has levers that are ergonomic and comfortable for use
- This mower is durable and made with a powder coat finish
- This mower is easy to assemble
- There are no tools needed to get the Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood, Riding Lawn Mower, out of the box
- The Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower is affordable
- Lastly, this mower is portable, so it can be moved from place to place with ease
- It is more expensive than other lawnmowers.
- It is not suitable for commercial use.
- It has a limited warranty period of three years.
2. Swisher FC10544BS 10.5 HP 44-Inch Finish Cut Trail Mower
The Swisher FC10544BS 44-inch finish cut mower is one of the best zero-turn mowers for 5 acres of land, if not the best. A 10.5 HP gas engine produces power to the four wheels with a lock pin system.
The tires are made of heavy-duty rubber with excellent traction so that you can maneuver easily on hills and uneven terrains. This lawnmower can be used on slopes with a maximum slope of 30 degrees.
Swisher’s FC10544BS 44-inch finish cut mower is one of the best zero-turn mowers for 5 acres of land, if not the best.
A 10.5 HP gas engine produces power to the four wheels with a lock pin system that allows it to be used on slopes up to 30 degrees with ease and agility.
Swisher’s FC10544BS 440inch finish cut mower has a wide cutting path made possible by its 8-inch diameter rear wheel and a 16-inch front wheel that enables you to easily work your way around obstacles and obstacles while maintaining traction on difficult terrains such as hillsides or uneven surfaces like gravel or stones.
It has a sleek design that fits well into most yards. It has an easy-to-use height adjustment lever and lightweight design to make it easier to carry around.
- A 10.5 HP gas engine produces power to the four wheels with a lock pin system.
- The tires are made of heavy-duty rubber with excellent traction so that you can maneuver easily on hills and uneven terrains. This lawnmower can be used on slopes with a maximum slope of 30 degrees.
- This lawnmower has a .25 inch blade height with an 11-inch cut width and a 44-inch deck size, suitable for 5 acres of land.
- It has 3 cutting decks; 42 inches, 44 inches, and 46 inches allowing you to customize your mowing experience according to your needs.
- It has a 190 cc fuel tank capacity that allows it to stay in use for up to 2 hours without running out of gas.
- It has accessible starting features like an electric start motor, belt drive transmission, and brake control system that makes it easier for operators to start the mower up when they need it most.
- It has a three-year limited warranty because Swisher stands behind its product 100 percent.
- The price is high compared to other mowers in the same range.
- Due to the size of a zero-turn mower, this machine cannot be used for very small yards.
- The machine’s performance is not as good as expected from other devices in its class
The Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER is a rear engine riding mower with a 28-inch cutting width. The model also has an 11.5 HP 344cc rear engine riding mower and a 44-inch deck.
It is durable, safe, and easy to operate, as the bike can be ridden directly behind the rider instead of in front or at the side. This model includes a four-year warranty and operates at 0.55 GPM.
The Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER is an excellent zero-turn mower for 5 acres of land. This model is equipped with an 11.5 HP 344cc rear engine riding mower, and it offers a 28-inch cutting width.
The Snapper 2911525BVE is durable and safe to operate, as the rear wheels are positioned directly behind the rider instead of in front or to the side.
Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER is an excellent zero-turn mower with features that make it easy to use for 5 acres of land.
The model offers a 28-inch cutting width with an 11.5 HP 344cc rear engine riding mower and a 44-inch deck height. The mower has four years’ worth of warranty coverage as well as 0.55 GPM operating speed.
- The rear engine riding mower offers a 28-inch cutting width for a large lawn.
- The 11.5 HP 344cc rear engine riding mower is comfortable, and its height ranges from 16 inches to 24 inches.
- The mower is durable and safe to operate, as the rear wheels are positioned directly behind the rider instead of in front or to the side.
- The Snapper 2911525BVE features a dual blade trimmer for trimming and edging your grass, as well as an 18-inch three-point hitch for adding attachments to the mower’s deck.
- In addition, this model has a wide tree guard to prevent branches from getting trapped on the deck while you work around trees and shrubs in your yard
- This model has an electric start, making it easy to start up with just one push of a button
- This model is also equipped with safety features that help reduce the risk of injury
- This model offers superior performance by having two different speed ranges: 0 to 2 MPH and 3 MPH to 6 MPH
- It also comes with a two-year warranty at no additional cost
- The price point is affordable at approximately $1,200
- The rear engine will cause it to have poorer maneuverability than front engines.
- This model is longer for a 5-acre lawn.
- It does not include a bagging system.
4. Ariens 915213 Zero Turn Mower
Ariens is one of the top names in lawnmowers, and this model is no exception. The Ariens 915213 has a 19 hp engine that starts with the push of a button for added convenience.
This machine has an electric start, eliminating the need to pull on that hard-to-use recoil starter cord. The Ariens 915213 features a 42 in. cutting deck, which can cut up to 4 acres per hour.
It also has 12 in. hydrostatic drive with adjustable speeds up to 6 mph for versatility when mowing around obstacles or uneven terrain. The deck is made from 3/4 in. steel tubing for durability and strength to last the lifetime of your lawnmower.
This zero-turn mower is lightweight at 270 lbs., making it easy to carry around when needed without sacrificing strength and functionality. It also carries a limited warranty of 2 years – far above industry standards – for peace of mind you can rely on.
- Comes with a 19 hp engine
- Electric start
- 42 in. cutting deck
- 4 acres per hour
- Easy push-button start
- Adjustable handles on both sides
- Compact design makes it easy to maneuver
- Durable steel construction
- The Ariens 915213 is a bit expensive.
- The engine on this mower isn’t as powerful as other models of lawnmowers.
- This mower is off-road capable, but that mode is not available when the machine is turned on.
5. Husqvarna Z242F Zero Turn Riding Mower
The Husqvarna Z242F is an 18 horsepower machine with a Kawasaki hydrostatic engine. It has a 42-inch deck, easily accommodating the operator and their riding lawnmower. This mower features curves, hills, or rough terrain because of its hydrostatic system.
The automatic transmission also makes this mowing process more efficient while reducing the physical stress of the operator.
This unit also comes with a two-year warranty and a sixty-day return policy.
Overall, this is an excellent option for anyone looking for a new riding lawn mower that can handle any terrain at an affordable price point.
- It features Kawasaki’s Hydrostatic system, a zero-turn mower with a powerful engine.
- The machine easily features curves, hills, or rough terrain and has an automatic transmission that makes the riding process more efficient and reduces the physical stress of the operator.
- This unit also features an easy-to-use control panel that makes operating the machine simple for users to manage.
- The Husqvarna Z242F 42 inch 18 HP Kawasaki Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower comes with a built-in anti-slip backboard to protect operators from scratch by the mowing deck or any objects in their path while mowing.
- This unit also comes with foldable handles on top of its two rolling wheels, making it easy for users to carry or store when not in use.
- The one-year warranty isn’t great, but it’s better than most competitors.
- The gas tank can get full very quickly.
- The mower has no hydrostatic drive, which means that it doesn’t have a “brake.”
6. Troy-Bilt Super Mustang XP Riding Lawn Mower
The Troy-Bilt Super Mustang is an excellent zero-turn lawn mower for 5 acres.
It has a Briggs & Stratton engine that can operate at speeds up to 6.2 mph and is designed with an adjustable pace lever so you can change the speed of the blades depending on how much grass you want to cut.
The 50-inch deck will cut most areas of your yard in one go without making too many passes.
Other features include a durable steel frame, which supports up to 850 pounds, a 3 in 1 cutting system that allows you to choose the best way to cut your grass, and a seat that’s comfortable even on long workdays.
- It has a Briggs & Stratton engine that can operate at speeds up to 6.2 mph
- The adjustable pace lever allows you to change the speed of the blades depending on how much grass you want to cut
- A deck size of 50-inches makes it perfect for a larger lawn
- The mower has a lift-assist feature that allows you to lower the height of the blade for easier access
- It comes with a 5-year warranty on parts and labor
- It’s designed almost entirely out of plastic, making it very durable
- You get an electric start on this mower, which means no more gas or oil is needed
- The Super Mustang XP Riding Lawn Mower with 50-Inch Deck and 724cc Briggs & Stra weighs 90 pounds less than other mowers
- The tool kit that comes with this purchase includes everything you need (except fuel)
- There is enough power in this machine to cut through thick grass without slowing down
- If you want your lawn to look neat and well maintained, you need an easy ride zero-turn lawnmower that is easy to use and maintain. This is why the Troy-Bilt Super Mustang XP Riding Lawn Mower with 50-Inch Deck and 724cc Briggs & Stratton engine is perfect
- Unlike other zero-turn mowers on the market, the Troy-Bilt Super Mustang has a very small turning radius which makes navigating through tight spaces much easier
- There are many different speeds to choose from, so you can easily adjust how fast or slow your blades are moving
7. Farmer Helper 4 Foot Finish Mower
This zero-turn mower is an excellent machine for large yards. It has a cat.II 3-point hitch, 16HP Briggs & Stratton engine, and blade deck height adjustment of 4′.
The machine offers nearly unstoppable power and the ability to do different types of work–from cutting small weeds to finishing work on your lawn.
However, this mower does have some drawbacks. The unit isn’t very maneuverable in tight spaces, and it doesn’t come with any attachments or blades.
The mower is also known to be hard to start, but it comes with a warranty, so that shouldn’t be a problem if you get stuck. Other mowers are more maneuverable and have more attachments, but this particular machine has high performance at a lower price point.
- Powerful engine with 16HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- Cat. II 3-point hitch
- The adjustable deck height of 4′
- Blade deck size is 60″L x 42″W
- Can do different types of work–from trimming small weeds to finishing work on your lawn
- The machine requires a lot of maintenance
- Requires an additional blade
- The seat is not removable
8. Poulan Pro PX46Z Z-Turn Mower
Poulan Pro is a famous brand for lawnmowers and other yard equipment. The Poulan Pro PX46Z 22HP Briggs V-Twin 46″ Zero Turn Mower 967702601 is one of their top-rated models that’s easily maneuverable.
This mower is powered by a 22 HP Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine, which delivers plenty of power to get through even the toughest grasses.
The mower has an adjustable handlebar for push or pulls operation. It folds down for easy transport and storage.
- The Poulan Pro PX46Z 22HP Briggs V-Twin 46″ Zero Turn Mower 967702601 is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- It features a three-in-one mowing system with zero-turn, mulch, and bagging capabilities.
- This lawnmower also includes a range of cutting widths from 0.5 inches up to 3 inches.
- The Poulan Pro PX46Z 22HP Briggs V-Twin 46″ Z-Turn Mower 967702601 is designed for heavier grass conditions such as those found in large properties.
- This model has an automatic height adjustment feature that offers the best performance for any yard condition.
- The Poulan Pro PX46Z 22HP Briggs V-Twin 46″ Zero Turn Mower 967702601 is too expensive.
- It’s not a gas engine, so you’ll have to pay extra for gas or propane.
- It doesn’t have a bagger attachment and therefore can’t mulch clippings easily.
9. Snapper 2691317 360z Riding, Zero Turn
The Snapper 2691317 360z Mower, Riding, Zero Turn, Red is a powerful zero turn mower that can cut up to 5 acres of land. This lawnmower can cut at 1-inch deep and mulch all clippings to reduce your workload.
This means you will have less fuel to burn and will finish your job on time. This lawnmower is designed with a heavy-duty steel frame for durability and an anti-corrosion coating for carefree maintenance.
In addition to the cutting power also features a rear-drive transmission, which makes the mowing process easy and efficient.
The Snapper 2691317 360z Mower, Riding, Zero Turn, Red has 10-inch front radius wheels and 12-inch rear radius wheels, making it easy to maneuver through hilly terrain.
These high-quality tires are created with synthetic rubber, which helps prevent punctures from rocks or other objects in the ground.
With this lawnmower’s increased power output, you can run longer without having to refuel or break down for service intervals.
Furthermore, this mower has a long-lasting engine that operates reliably even under heavy loads.
It doesn’t have many moving parts as its design reduces friction, thus reducing wear and tear on these parts and increasing efficiency over time.
- Powerful zero turn mower
- Cuts up to 5 acres of land
- Mulches clippings to reduce workload
- Mulch depth at 1-inch deep
- Perfect for beginners and experts alike
- Dual blade system for powerful mulching performance
- Built-in hour meter that keeps track of your mowing time
- Sturdy steel construction with a wraparound rotor guard
- Tilt adjustment from -12° to 22° to compensate for terrain
- 3-year warranty
- The mower is tough to push when it’s still on the ground.
- This lawnmower is only suitable for small yards.
- The machine is heavy to push and can be challenging to maneuver around obstacles.
10. Ariens 915223 IKON-X Zero Turn Mower
The Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series V-Twin Engine is one of the best zero turn mowers available. It has a powerful engine that can handle hills and rough terrain.
The body is durable and well-built for extended use. It also has a hydrostatic transmission, which means you can control the speed with your feet.
This mower’s features make it easy to manage and operate, making it perfect for beginners or people who want to get into the industry.
- It’s durable and well-built for extended use.
- It has a powerful engine that can handle hills and rough terrain.
- You can control the speed with your feet.
- The body has a hydrostatic transmission, making it easy to control your speed and maintain traction on hills and uneven terrain.
- It’s compatible with bags or no bags
- It has steel rear wheels to increase traction on hillside applications
- The machine is heavy-duty, which means you’ll get longer life cycles than other mowers of its size
- It’s easy to maneuver through tight spaces
- This machine is made in America
- The air filter is washable
- The Ariens 915223 IKON-X 52″ Zero Turn Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series is expensive, but it’s worth the price when you consider how great it works and how durable it is.
- The Series does not have a rider seat option. This can be an issue for people who need to transport items or require more than a single person mowing their lawn.
- There are no headlights on this Mower 23hp Kawasaki FR691 Series, which could be a problem for areas with dim lighting or in places that require headlights for different times of the day.
Zero-turn mowers are perfect for small farms, 5 acres of land, and areas where it’s difficult to maneuver a push mower.
With the 10 best zero-turn lawnmowers, you’re sure to find the perfect one for your needs.