A Ride-on mower is a very useful tool when it comes to cutting grass and creating paddocks.
You may need a lawn sweeper after cutting your grass. The Earthwise Grass Push Lawn Sweeper (on Amazon) is reliable and my favorite.
They are also more efficient than traditional push mowers because of the sheer size of the job being undertaken.
Though they have many hidden benefits that you may not know about if you have never used one before.
- Powerful engine with great torque
- Ensures that your paddocks remain weed-free during weeks without rain
- The built-in mulching feature ensures grass remains rich and healthy going into winter
However, there are some downsides to investing in a new ride-on mower, especially if you have a large piece of land to cover which means a larger investment. Before making this kind of purchase, make sure you know exactly what will be best for your paddocks.
The following three points should help you make an informed decision on which type of ride on mower is right for your needs:
- Make sure the blades are sharp and in working order
- Ensure that it has plenty of maintenance left in its battery
- If buying online, check the seller’s reputation before handing over any money
It is also very important that you get to know how to use your new ride-on mower before setting off into the paddock.
This means making sure everything is perfect, from having ear defenders (if applicable) to knowing where all of the safety features are located.
If something goes wrong, do not be afraid to stop and take a break, you don’t want to end up in a situation where you’re injured. This is because you didn’t take the time to learn how to use your new machine safely.
- Multiple pockets for gloves, rags, pruners, tools, etc.
- Easy to install
- Suitable for most mowers
Top 7 Best Ride On Mower for Paddocks
If you’re looking for the best ride-on mower for paddocks, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll be discussing the top 7 best options on the market today. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
1. John Deere X748
The John Deere X748 is a great option for those looking for a high-quality ride-on mower for paddocks.
It comes with several features that make it perfect for this application, such as a 48-inch deck that can easily take care of large areas in a short amount of time, and an automatic blade engagement system that makes it easy to start up and use.
Plus, it also includes a cruise control system that allows the operator to set a constant speed for easy operation.
Here is a list of the pros and cons of using a John Deere X748 ride on mower for paddocks:
- Excellent maneuverability – due to the compact design, the X748 can easily turn in tight spaces.
- Powerful engine – with 36 HP, this machine has plenty of power to get the job done quickly.
- Durable construction – made from high-quality materials, the X748 is built to last
- Easy to operate – even inexperienced riders will find it easy to use this machine.
- Limited cutting width – at just 48 inches, the X748 may not be able to cut large areas in one go.
- Low ground clearance – the X748 may struggle to move over rough ground or obstacles.
2. Cub Cadet RZT L50
The Cub Cadet RZT L50 is another great option if you’re looking for a ride-on mower for paddocks.
It comes with a variety of features that make it highly capable, such as a 60-inch deck and an adjustable cutting height from 1″ to 4″.
Another plus is that it includes LED headlights, which will ensure that you can see where you’re going even when the sun’s not shining.
Plus, its simple design and controls should allow anyone to use this unit with ease.
- It has a powerful engine that can cut through tall grass with ease.
- The steering wheel is adjustable, so it can be tailored to fit the height of the driver.
- It has a large cutting deck that makes quick work of even the tallest grass.
- It can be quite expensive.
- The deck is not adjustable, so it can be difficult to cut around obstacles.
- It can be difficult to transport due to its large size.
3. Agri-Fab 45-0492 Lawn Sweeper
If you’re looking for a ride-on mower for paddocks that can also take care of other landscaping needs, then the Agri-Fab 45-0492 Lawn Sweeper may be the perfect option for you.
It comes with several features that make it ideal for this task, such as an 11.5-bushel capacity and an easy dump feature.
Plus, it’s also capable of quickly and easily cleaning up leaves, grass clippings, and other debris.
So, if you’re looking for a one-stop-shop for all your landscaping needs, then the Agri-Fab 45-0492 Lawn Sweeper is a great option to consider.
- The Agri-Fab 45-0492 Lawn Sweeper Ride On Mower for Paddocks is easy to assemble.
- It is very durable and can withstand even the most rugged terrain.
- It collects debris quickly and easily, leaving your paddock looking neat and tidy.
- It is affordable and a great value for the money.
5. It is easy to operate and even easier to.
1. The Agri-Fab 45-0492 Lawn Sweeper Ride On Mower for Paddocks does not have a good clearance from the ground making it unsuitable to use on wet grass because your feed will just get stuck in the grass underneath.
2. You should not tow other objects with this lawn sweeper behind a riding mower because you might damage it.
3. It is also not advisable to tow people or animals with this lawn sweeper ride on the tractor as they might fall off and hurt themselves.
4. Husqvarna YTH24V48
The Husqvarna YTH24V48 is another great option for those looking for a ride on mower for paddocks. It comes with several features that make it ideal for this task, such as a 48-inch deck and a 7.5 horsepower engine.
Plus, it also includes several safety features, such as an operator presence system that will stop the blades from spinning when the operator gets off of the unit. This makes it safe to use, even if someone is nearby.
Here are the pros and cons of buying a Husqvarna YTH24V48 Ride On Mower for Paddocks.
- It is powered by a 248 cc Honda engine, which provides ample power to cut through tough grasses in your paddock
- The cutting deck can be raised and lowered easily with a single lever, allowing you to adjust it at will
- Owners report that this model cuts very evenly and leaves lawns looking smooth afterward
- Starts up easily and runs quietly (owners say that it sounds like a vacuum cleaner when running)
- Has 7 different cutting heights, which allows owners to choose one suitable for almost any size of the paddock
- The automatic transmission makes it simple to drive; even inexperienced operators should have no trouble using it
- The large, pneumatic tires provide great traction and stability on uneven ground
- One owner reports that the blades tend to bind up when cutting thick grass, which can be frustrating
- Some owners say that the mower is a bit heavy and cumbersome to move around (although most say that it’s not too bad)
- The height adjustment levers are a bit flimsy and can be hard to operate
- There have been a few complaints about the durability of this model; some people have said that it doesn’t hold up well to regular use
5. Cub Cadet RZT S46
If you’re looking for a high-quality ride-on mower for paddocks, but you don’t need one that’s quite as large as the ones we’ve already mentioned, then the Cub Cadet RZT S46 may be the perfect option for you.
It comes with several features that make it highly capable, such as a 46-inch deck and an adjustable cutting height from 1.5″ to 3.5″.
Plus, it also includes several safety features, such as an operator presence system that will stop the blades from spinning when the operator gets off of the unit.
This makes it safe to use, even if someone is nearby.
Here are some of the pros and cons of this machine:
- The Cub Cadet RZT S46 is a powerful machine that can easily cut through long grass and overgrown areas.
- It has a 46-inch cutting deck that makes it perfect for large paddocks.
- The deck is also adjustable, so you can customize it to your specific needs.
- The Cub Cadet RZT S46 is quite expensive compared to other ride-on mowers on the market.
6. John Deere X300
The X300 from John Deere is one of their most popular ride-on mowers and for good reason. It is powered by a reliable 20 hp engine that can handle even the most challenging paddocks with ease.
The 72-inch deck means that you can cover a large area in little time, while the floating deck ensures a clean and precise cut every time.
This model also comes standard with an infrared deck wash system that keeps your mower looking as good as new, no matter how many times you use it.
With its adjustable height settings and comfortable seat, the X300 is perfect for anyone looking for a high-quality ride-on mower that is easy to use and gets the job done fast.
- It is easy to operate, making it suitable for those who are new to using ride-on mowers.
- The X300 is designed for durability, meaning that it can handle a lot of wear and tear.
- It has a large cutting deck, which means that it can cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time.
- It is not the most affordable option on the market.
- It can be difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.
7. Toro TimeCutter SS423
The Toro TimeCutter SS4235 is another great option if you’re looking for a ride-on mower for paddocks.
It comes with several features that help it stand out from the pack, such as dual hydrostatic transmissions and an adjustable cutting height from 1″ to 4″.
Plus, it also includes quick-release Smart Speed controls so that you can easily control the speed of the unit as needed.
So, if a ride-on mower for paddocks is what you’re after, then the Toro TimeCutter SS4235 may be exactly what you need.
- The engine is very powerful, and can easily cut through long grass and weeds.
- The deck is wide, so it can cover a large area in a single pass.
- The machine is easy to operate, even for novice users.
- It is durable and built to last.
- The engine is quite loud, which may not be ideal for residential areas.
- The deck is not as adjustable as some of the other models on the market, so it may not be suitable for every type of terrain.
- It is quite expensive compared to some of the other options on the market.
If you’re looking for a ride on mower for paddocks, then there are many different options to choose from.
In particular, the Cub Cadet RZT L50, Agri-Fab 45-0492 Lawn Sweeper, Husqvarna YTH24V48, Cub Cadet RZT S46, John Deere X300, and Toro TimeCutter SS4235 all make excellent choices.
This is because they come with several features that help them stand out from the pack. Not only that, but they’re all capable of quickly and easily cutting grass in large areas.
So if you’re looking for a ride-on mower for paddocks, then one of these might be just what you need.